Monday, October 04, 2010

Requiem.

Music Meme, Day 29: One song that gives you the creeps.

Doesn't Exist. someone said it all here.

I don't think there are any songs that "give me the creeps". Not even in the death-thrash-metal that claims to be satanic. BUT there are some groups that are so "different" that I consider them weird and I don't listen to them.

Bands like Slipknot. I really just think most of them do it for attention. Like Marilyn Manson - and before him Alice Cooper -- and Ozzy in his younger days -- it's all in their OFF view of showmanship.





Music Meme, Day 30: A song you’d like played at your funeral.

Ken Bonfield - Requiem [go hear it]

I feel that a song without words would be the best way to celebrate the life of someone as talkative as myself. Lyrics in a situation where I would be dead would interrupt the thoughts of whoever had come to say goodbye to me. This would allow them to remember me as they want to - with whatever memories they have; and since it has no lyrics, they would not be trying to read meaning into the chosen piece.

* * * /// * * * \\\ * * *



That does it. I did it. I finished the postings of the 30 songs -- although it took me more than 30 days.

[Meme, Day 1, with the entire list of assignments, can be found here.]

0 comments :

Bert is Feelin'...


Fatigued.

About Me

My Photo
Bert
If you don't "get it" that's ok. My moods vary from light hearted and amused to darker and often stormy. I do not feel that medication is necessary for the majority of people for every day mood changes, but for some reason everyone I know seems to be on either Zoloft or Prozac. That sums up all that is wrong in the world.
View my complete profile

Followers

copyright? yah well.. Powered by Blogger.