Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Decorous.

Music Meme, Day 23: Your favorite duet.

Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty - Stop Draggin My Heart Around

I scanned through many, many, many lists of duets, male / female , male / male, female / female...
and I realized that I don't like most of those songs. So I picked the one that I do like.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Music Meme, Day 24: Your favorite cover song.

Maynard James Keenan - Rocket Man

I heard this one the other day, and I like it so it is the current favorite. There are a LOT of covers that I actually like, but I'm sticking with the "of the moment" theme.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Music Meme, Day 25: Favorite song from 2010 (so far)

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - All You Do is Talk - [video]

Honestly, I never listen to the radio, so keeping up with currency isn't a thing for me. I honestly have no idea when songs come out these days... so I did some research for songs released this year. From a large selection I have picked one as my "current" favorite.

This one has a very mid to late 80s sound -- or at least it does to me.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Music Meme, Day 26: Your favorite movie video.

Movie video? What the hell is a movie video? ASSUMING they meant MUSIC video? Do they still MAKE music videos, or is it all "here is some video footage of the band singing (oh wow gee how fun)?

OK, Go - Here it Goes Again [see the video]

I haven't watched "music videos" since the 1990s. I figured they had gone the way of the DoDo bird. I watched (many) videos and I liked this one (as far as being a new(er) video and contributing something to entertainment).

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


I also just realized that when I posted more than one "day" in a post that I should have reversed the order of those grouped posts.

AH, well.

Music Meme, Day 27: One song in your mp3 folder you’re pretty sure no one else has.

Jugtown Pirates - Easy Come, Easy Go -


I got NOTHIN" that nobody else don't got.



I am pretty sure someone in the world has a chance at having any one of my songs. This is just a stupid question.
I picked Jugtown Pirates, because -- at least to my knowledge they are not yet signed with a major record label. I heard them while I was in San Francisco. They were playing on the streets near the place where the street car transfers station. I liked that they were different, and I dig on some bluegrass once in a while... so I bought their CD.

0 comments :

Bert is Feelin'...


Fatigued.

About Me

My Photo
Bert
If you don't "get it" that's ok. My moods vary from light hearted and amused to darker and often stormy. I do not feel that medication is necessary for the majority of people for every day mood changes, but for some reason everyone I know seems to be on either Zoloft or Prozac. That sums up all that is wrong in the world.
View my complete profile

Followers

copyright? yah well.. Powered by Blogger.