Thursday, October 13, 2005

Disoriented.

Wednesday night, (sadly -- that seems like it was days ago, and it was yesterday)... I was extremely tired and went to bed around 10:00pm. Around 11:45, the phone rang. I woke up, and it took me a few seconds to figure out that I was laying on my stomach, which would mean that the phone was on my right. I realized this only after I lifted myself, and reached out with my left arm trying to locate the phone. Since there is a light up display for the caller ID on the phone I figured out where I was and then my brain calculated the phone's location once the presence of the light was recognized as significant.

It was J. of all people. J, who is leaving Boston and returning to this area at the end of this month. J. who moved from this area out to Boston earlier this year (February).

Her first words were, "Did I wake you?, I'm sorry." and things like that. She is in New York. She just wanted to say hi. I was barely awake, and frankly, as good as it was to hear from her; I was too tired to stay awake. (I am not sure whether or not that means anything significant).

I was actually so tired, that I am not fully sure what was said. I remember hearing one of her soon-to-be-former housemates in say something in the background that amused me... only now I cannot remember what that was. At the time it was funny enough that I laughed and repeated it.

0 comments :

Bert is Feelin'...


Fatigued.

About Me

My Photo
Bert
If you don't "get it" that's ok. My moods vary from light hearted and amused to darker and often stormy. I do not feel that medication is necessary for the majority of people for every day mood changes, but for some reason everyone I know seems to be on either Zoloft or Prozac. That sums up all that is wrong in the world.
View my complete profile

Followers

copyright? yah well.. Powered by Blogger.