Thursday, September 01, 2005

Candor.

No, candor is not a bird.
An open letter to my (biological) father.
Yes, yes. The birthday card you sent did arrive on time. I am clueless as to why this would matter to you, since you have never even met me. You chose to leave-- why I will never know, because you got married; so at some point you must have had some notion of the possibility that children are commonly a factor in such an equation.

You are one persistent son of a bitch; calling me 4-5 times in a week, but not leaving a message. While I can see that you did call (Caller ID is not known for falsifying entries) I refuse to return your phone calls if you don't leave a message. Half the time I really don't even want to call you when you DO leave a message.

I was happy not even knowing if you were still alive and wandering around this waste of resources we call our planet. If I had my way, things would return to how they were a year ago when I vaguely knew you once existed.

I am glad that I finally opened the door and let you know that I have some unresolved feelings and DO NOT really wish to append your name to my FRIENDS & FAMILY roster. I just hope you actually HEARD me.

0 comments :

Bert is Feelin'...


Fatigued.

About Me

My Photo
Bert
If you don't "get it" that's ok. My moods vary from light hearted and amused to darker and often stormy. I do not feel that medication is necessary for the majority of people for every day mood changes, but for some reason everyone I know seems to be on either Zoloft or Prozac. That sums up all that is wrong in the world.
View my complete profile

Followers

copyright? yah well.. Powered by Blogger.